Donation Wish List
As an island nation, Fiji, the majority of equipment, medicines consumables, and general materials all need to be imported. As such, this greatly increases the cost of treatment and care for animals in Fiji as well as increasing the cost of improving the shelter and clinic.
In addition to the day-to-day equipment, consumables, and medicine needed, there are currently projects whereby we need donations and sponsorship, which you can help with through monetary doantions.
However, if you wish to donate in-kind, below are a list of items that would help us provide more treatment and care to unwanted and abandoned animals, as well as low cost affordable treatment for those owners who love their pets dearly, but can not necessarily afford what can sometimes be a basic, but lifesaving treatment.
- Backpack Anaesthesia Machine for our travelling desexing programs, which are not in one of our five clinics. Cost here.
- Crate replacement pans for our current flat pack cages.
- Centrifuge: This will allow us to test blood plasma, serum, urine, fecals, etc in house and reduce the high costs of sending it out or overseas meaning we can offer these services to more animals. Ideally we would a table top centrifuge that can take 4 or more tubes of 10 mL would be best.
- Portable Cat Cages.
Portable Holding Cages.
- Digital X-ray Machine: At the moment we use a local human doctors Digital X-ray machine after hours for in Nadi, however it is quite costly and therefore means only those who can afford it are able to have this service. In our other clinics we are unable to do any X-rays. We would like to do this in house to better diagnosis as well as ensure all animals coming into our client are better diagnosed. Cost here.
Consumables (used for treatments & general running of our clinics):
Our Top Needs:
- Cat Urinary Catheters - Size 3 or 3.5
- Betamox LA Inj
- Cerenia Inj
- Flea & Tick Treatments
- Heartworm Tests
- Immiticide 50mg vials
- Metacam or Carprofen (injectable and oral)
- Pentobarb 300 & 500 inj
- C42i, DHPP or Solo-Jet 7 or 9 + canine vaccine*
- Scourban suspension
- Amoxicillin clavulonic acid tablets
- Dectomax injection
- Heartworm tablets
- Suture Material ( Polydiozanone 0, 1, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 & Polyglactin 910 1, 0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0)
Other appreciated medical items:
- Clavulox Inj
- All– wormers
- Medetomidine inj
- Fel-o-vax Vaccine *
- Surgical Gloves (6, 7, 8)
- ProHeart SR-12
- Butorphanol 10mg/ml
- IV Fluids (Hartmans/ NaCl)
- IV Catheters 20, 22, 24g
- IV Giving sets
- 1ml & 3ml syringes
- 23g needles
- Vetwrap or Elastoplast
- Parvo Test kits
- Idexx vet test panels
Everyday Items we can always use:
- Mops, push brooms, scrub brushes, etc.
- Tin Fish - in natural oil or water only. (NO Tomato sauce, please.)
- Tin cat, kitten, puppy, or dog food
- Dry cat food
- Dry dog food
- Meat dust
- Dust pans
- Kitty litter trays (plastic)
- Dog & cat water & food bowls - metal & plastic
Our organization’s ability to continue to operate is because of the generous support of individual donors who believe in our mission, as well as gifts from businesses and corporations, like yours.